- I am the true vine – John 15:1-5
- I am the bread of life – John 6:35
- I am the light of the world – John 8:12, 9:5
- I am the gate – John 10:7
- I am the good shepherd – John 10:11-14
- I am the resurrection and the life – John 11:25
- I am the way the truth and the life – John 14:6
Two people sitting around at a retirement home, one with a newspaper (N), the other a Bible (B), with scripts on them if acting live.
Slow to speak and even slower to reply to each other for effect there could be a literal 4-5 second gap between lines as the elderly process the thought and come up with a response. Make the skit about 5 mins
Can be live or pre recorded - Can be same or different couples - Can be any combination of genders
B: Hey [insert elderly person name]
[remember 4-5 second delay for slow thinking EVERY time...]
B: Wha-da-ya-reckon Jesus meant when He said ‘I am the true vine’?
N: Dunno.... You sure it says ‘Vine’?
B: Yeah, I am the true vine.
N: Where’s it say that?
B: In John... chapter 15.... verse 1
N: Maybe he was pointing out that he had skinny legs, like a grape vine?
N: Or maybe his skin was flaky like the bark of a grape vine... and was encouraging people to moisturise?